Makes 6 servings | Category: Keto Appetizers & Snacks
- 36 jalapeño peppers
- 1 (227g/8 oz) package cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- 1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, chives, or other herbs of choice (optional)
- 18 strips bacon
- ½ batch The Best Blue Cheese Dressing (store-bought), for serving
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Remove the stems from the jalapenos and cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the insides of the peppers and set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl. If using, stir in the herbs. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture using a butter knife.
- Cut the bacon strips crosswise in half, then wrap one half strip around each stuffed pepper and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the poppers for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked, on a rimmed baking sheet. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Although these are best served fresh, any leftover poppers and dressing can be refrigerated in separate airtight containers for up to 3 days. Reheat the poppers in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F until thoroughly warmed.
- Calories: 635kcal
- Fat: 13.7g (1.1g S.Fat)
- Carbs: 101.6g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Sugar: 19.6g
- Sodium: 867mg