Mediterranean-Inspired Quinoa Salad
This quick and easy side dish pairs the bold Mediterranean flavors of lime, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and fresh parsley against the subtle backdrop of quinoa. Thanks to the naturally salty flavors of the olive brine and Feta cheese, this dish doesn’t need any added sodium to help balance the flavors. However, for best results, you’ll want to make this dish in advance to give the flavors a chance to blend.
- 1 c. quinoa, uncooked
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbed
- 2 oz. Kalamata olives, chopped, with brine
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, stems removed and chopped
- Optional: Black pepper, to taste
- Tip: For an added layer of flavor, toast the quinoa over medium heat before cooking.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool briefly.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and stir in lime zest, lime juice, Feta cheese, chopped olives, and fresh parsley until thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.