You may have heard the benefits of drinking juices and smoothies. Some diets recommend starting your day with juice, while others recommend finishing the day with it. Others are sole advocates of juicing, and encourage people to drink juices throughout the day. There are many benefits to juicing, including losing weight, getting more nutrients and feeling more energetic. But let’s look more at what you need to do in order to get more energy from the juices that you drink.
Getting the right ingredients
Juicing involves mixing a variety of fruits and/or vegetables to make a healthy juice that you can drink as part of a balanced diet. However, the juice you end up with is only as good as the products you put into the blender. Think about which foods you should be eating – this is something that you should work out yourself since some people will benefit more from certain foods than others.
Here is a quick guide to some of the most common ingredients when juicing:
- Bananas: Known to lower high blood pressure and improve kidney function. Great to eat before a workout due to the fact that they provide lots of energy.
- Spinach: Great to add to your juice if you are trying to detox. A good source of iron which also increases bone strength and helps with losing weight. Spinach will help to give you plenty of energy throughout the day.
- Raspberries: They’re not called superfoods for nothing – raspberries can act as an anti-inflammatory and boost your mood on a bad day.
- Strawberries: Forget the expensive skincare routine, strawberries have been known to improve the condition of your skin and even slow down the ageing process.
- Lemon juice: A couple of dashes of lemon juice will help with weight loss, keep you hydrated and contribute to your overall digestive cycle. Lemon is just one of the citrus fruits which are known to increase energy levels.
- Oranges: Fresh orange juice is a worldwide favorite, and the high vitamin C levels will ensure your energy levels are retained in between meals.
It’s important to note that no one ingredient will give you all the energy that you need. You should mix a combination of products to strike a good balance and create the perfect juice for you. Don’t forget to avoid any fruits and vegetables that you may have had problems with or allergies to in the past.